Sunday, October 19, 2008

What I did yesterday

Below is the culmination of all my days off from work trying to figure this stuff out. (Of course, I couldn't include my background, my picture, or the groove border I used.) I think now that I spent too much time on GIMP for too little return. I made a valiant effort, but I must stop putting my energy into it. I must go back to HTML. This time I will start over with my real website. Below was just practice.


I am building a web site at the speed shifting tectonic plates. I mean I am going slow. I mean I am doing it piece by piece. I mean I have tried doing bits and pieces at least fifty times and I get tangled up and confused every time. This has been a truly humbling experience. I tried to find a picture of tectonic plates on stock.xchng, but there wasn't one there. I'll have to say that building this site is happening as slowly as your toenails grow.

My book is telling me that using inline images is the simplest way to arrange pictures. I'm going to add a bit of code to make the picture float left.

Mmmmm. . . . I love plain vanilla.


So, my action plan has changed. I have decided that instead of devoting my website to something I am doing at work, I am going to devote it to the trials of learning to make a website. This subject may be better suited to a blog, but all things considered, this is the best thing to do. There is too much newness, learning, and stress connected to my job and too much of the same in this class to lump the two together. Not doable.

So, keep going . . . .

No comments: