Microsoft Typography: Reading about TrueType. It looks like that's what is on my screen right now. It's a digital technology developed by Apple, but now used on both Apple and Microsoft platforms. The TrueType rasterizer is the program that reads the font description and generates the bitmaps.
Micorsoft ClearType: Technological innovation that improves screen readability.
The TrueType rasterizer is the program that reads the font description and generates the bitmaps.
This site doesn't do much for me. It's getting into detail that is beyond me at this point.
But, I'm looking to download some of the free fonts. I don't even know how to install a font. I need a tutor. What I really need is to have taken a basic "How to use a computer" class before this. This little things are big stumbling blocks simply because I don't have the basic knowledge.
ABC Typography (virtual museum). I'm a little confused by this site. I'm trying to look at the classical typefaces, but every link is dead. Okay, I was able to open the 20th century, and at least read about Albertus, Eras, and Rockwell. The links on the drop-down menu are dead. Same is true of the modern collection. Interesting to find that some fonts were designed, at least in part, to compensate for the difficulties of reading from a screen and laser printing. Lucinda Bright is an example, d.o.b 1991.
A List Apart:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment