Wc3 Website: In terms of design, I like this. While there is a lot of information, it is divided in a very organized way, not overwhelming at all. This is an example of with the title in the center and then the page is divided into 3 equidistant columns. The colors are mellow and go together nicely. I very much like the glossary of terms in the left column. It’s a nice place to start without feeling an avalanche of information.
W3 schools http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp: I am learning something as I Iook at these sites. One thing is that I don’t particularly like red on white. This site especially makes that clear, although my feeling may reflect more on my insecurity and mental state than anything else. Here’s why: Although the site looks easy to navigate, I feel sort of overwhelmed as I look, for example, down the left-hand column. There are several lists of tutorials, the titles of which are in red. Underneath each title it says, “Learn a, Learn b, Learn c, Learn d,” and so on. It makes me feel that I have so much to learn, and I do! In the very right had column, everything is red. Maybe red reminds me too much of the red pen in school. I find it unsettling. I will keep this site in mind, but I am getting along great with the texts right now, and I don’t want to get bogged down with the tackling the same, very-new-to-me information in a different format.
The Heather Dodge Webpage: This is a nice convergence of tutorials for those attending USF School of Information Science and for those using Blackboard. I learned everything a while back through trial and error.
Reading: I am getting along very well with Creating Web Sites. This is the kind of information that could through me into a panic because it is so alien to me; however, the presentation is perfect for me. I am understanding everything thoroughly and am actually enjoying it! I read chapters 3 and 4 on the way down to Tampa in the car, so I haven’t had any play time yet on the computer with the exercises. I am also very much enjoying the text that focuses on design. It just goes to show that the presentation is everything. It can alienate you or invite you in and make you feel glad to be there.
I just made the most God-awful first draft web page and it took me all day!!!!! It has a few badly placed items on it and I can’t figure out how to manipulate them. I have read the book thoroughly and have been spending hours at an on-line tutorial. What is wrong with me??? Am I going to have to drop this class?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment