Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lesson 12: SmartWebby

A free design guide.

Web Design Tips:

Wait. . . Before I go here, I want to go back and take a few more notes on last week's sites:

One Page Love: Luigi Marco Simonetti: Gray, simple, yet cool.

Ideas: Gray with library red writing.
Subtle brush stuff like on Altgold and Zahngold.
CSS Imagine: Samtech: leaves under paper in corners.
DamonBauer: colors.

I'm now switching tactics. First I had planned to do a site devoted to Hastings Library Youth. Then I decided that was too much stress, and I would make a site about making a site. Then I could be thinking about what I was learning as I was learning it. BUT, I now am back to the Hastings Youth. It is better suited to a web page, while the other topic is more suited to a blog. The library site is better suited to something that will be constantly changing.

Latest and Last Plan:

One page devoted to Teen Lounge: Take pictures on the 15th!

One page devoted to Past Events: Picture Hastings, Halloween, and Talent Show.

One page devoted to Upcoming Events: December Poetry Reading: Juice up the True Say and Found Art.

One page devoted to Story Time

One page devoted to In the Works: Teen Book Club

Now, Smartwebby:

I looked at the feather tutorial that Pamie recommended. This would be some handy knowledge if I decided to use images like that. I don't have Dreamweaver, but there is probably something comparable in Photoshop Elements.

A place that I may want to revisit when I sit down with my site this weekend:

"Cool Text Effects Using CSS Styles in Dreamweaver." It's under CSS Styles Tutorial. I don't have Dreamweaver, but maybe I can translate to the tools I have. Specifically, I want to get rid of the underline and use text spacing.

{A short interruption: Pamie alerted us to a website called Post Modern Shrines by Michael De Meng. Don't forget to go back there when you have time!}

No comments: