Friday, November 7, 2008

Lesson 11: More Inspirational Web Sites

CSS Creme! Best Web Flavours

Larissameek.com: I like that when you float the mouse over her tag at the top or the "about" ticket next to her picture, they change color. Also, her links change color, but in addition have a little grooved thing that pops up as you pass over it. Also, she has a lot of information on the page without making it look too busy or crowded. I think that has to do with the relative size of all the elements: the type, the pictures, etc. - everything balances nicely. I also like the background. It's subtle - a dark sort of wallpaper over which a smooth similarly colored slate is placed. That is not solid, but graded, yet everything is so subtle that works together. I wonder how she made those cartoony lollipops at the top?

I notice quite a few of these sites have quite a bit of black and subtle grays. On the other hand, there are sites with a lot of white and clean, simple fonts. Doodies Doodles is one that I like: her artwork is colorful, yet has a pastel look to it. It looks very good on a white background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI

I am Doodie - I'm so glad you like you like my web site and hopefully the Doodles too! Martin Lucas builds great sites!

Doodie